You can try our SERP Checklist to see how well your website performs on SERPs like Google, Yahoo or Bing. It’s worth following our checklist to check your own listings even though there are “Online Rank Checkers”, because they only give you limited information.
This way you will actually see your listings and may be surprised at what you find! Don’t forget to record your findings as you go. Things to look out for:
- Your position number(s).
- How many listings you have.
- Whether the wording is accurate.
Things to be aware of:
- It’s best to have your own website listings ranking high, preferably on the first page.
- It’s good to have multiple listings for your business on appropriate Web Directories.
Did you know that SERP listings vary depending on the Search Engine being used? You may like to try the tests with several different Search Engines and could be surprised by the varying results.
Before you start!
Is your website new or has it just been updated?
- If you answered “yes” you need to wait about 2 weeks before you start your Website Marketing Checklist.
- This is because Search Engines have to look through your website, index it for Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs) and allow traffic to start flowing into it.
- If you don’t wait for this to be done, your results won’t be a true indication of your website’s performance.
Don’t forget to record your results as you go
|It’s a good idea to use our form below to record your findings.
When you’ve finished, you can print this page and keep it for your own reference.To receive our help with a more in depth analysis of your results, complete the “Contact us” form at the bottom of this page. A copy of the results you entered will be emailed to you as verification of what you sent us.
Getting started – now for the moment of truth!
You should check all the information on the first 3 pages of SERPs.
Select a Search Engine that is the most popular in your country, for example in Australia it’s Google Australia – http://www.google.com.au/ (click for a new browser page to open).